On Sale – Lemons!
There is something just rather wonderful, rather traditional, rather timeless, about a bowl of ceramic lemons sitting on a coffee table or a kitchen counter. The yellow in lemons is so cheery, so upbeat, reminding us of wonderful summer evenings, sitting outside sipping on a long glass of lemonade.
Lemons are grown all over the world but the Amalfi Coast in the southern part of Italy is really well known for their lemons and they probably hold the record for the largest lemons grown anywhere. Seeing a lemon almost the size of your head hanging on a lemon tree is not a strange site!
Your Two Chums came across this fabulous sale that Sur La Table is having on a lot of their ceramic lemon items and we wanted to share it with you all.
1. First off, look at this darling lemon pitcher ($19.99) - just the right size at 60 oz for a large batch of lemonade.
Homemade lemonade is really easy to make. You will need 6 cups of water, 1-3/4 cups white sugar and 1-1/2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice with pulp but no seeds. In a small saucepan, heat the sugar with one cup of water until sugar is dissolved. Put in refrigerator to cool. Once cooled, pour the syrup into your pitcher, add the water and the lemon juice, throw in some ice cubes and, there you have it – a refreshing pitcher of lovely lemonade.
2. If your kitchen needs a few yellow accents, how about this utensil pot ($19.99)?
4. Or, perhaps you would like to use these adorable little napkin holders ($1.99 each) on plain yellow napkins?
5. This cheery platter ($33.99) will make your food look so much more inviting
6. And these darling little salts and peppers ($12.99 set) will add just the right thing to both the table and the food!
You can find these and many more fun lemon ideas from Sur La Table. They are all on sale and I know Sur La Table will be delighted to send them winging their way to your house!
Your Two Chums are all about “making lemonade from lemons”…making room for more love, more joy and more abundant lives!