It’s Been Six Years!
AP Photo – Matt Dunham
Catherine Middleton and Prince William certainly have packed a lot into the last six years! In some ways, it seems that they have always been together but, of course, we are reminded always that they have not always been together and, in fact, Catherine was a “commoner”
Last Saturday marked their sixth wedding anniversary when we all sat glued to the televisions listening to every word and looking at every detail. In fact, your Two Chums got up in the middle of the night (or really VERY early in the morning) to watch it real time. A wedding cake was prepared and we indulged!
Here are a few points that you may not have known about their wedding:
- William and Harry’s uniforms were “sweat-proof” so that they could be comfortable during all of the festivities.
- Catherine carried the flower “Sweet William” in her bouquet for the obvious reason.
- The flower crowns that the flower girls wore were a replica of one that Carole Middleton wore at her own wedding.
- The wedding cake was fruitcake. Yes, fruitcake. In the UK, fruitcake is the cake of choice for weddings.
- The field maple trees that were used in Westminster Abbey to give the church more warmth, were transplanted after the service to Prince Charles holiday home in Wales.
- The gold in Catherine’s wedding band was mined in Wales.
- William, like most English gentlemen, chose not to wear one.
- Elie Goulding performed at the evening party that was held at Buckingham Palace and lasting into the not-so-wee hours of the next day.
- Catherine did her own make-up. No prima donna here.
- The very-much-in-love couple drove off in William’s father’s Aston Martin, Catherine’s veil blowing in the wind.
What a very fun time we had! Maybe harry soon?
PS Don’t you just love the little flower girl in the front of the photo?