Hello, Prince William!
The Duke of Cambridge (aka HRH Prince William) is a much-talked-about person and seems to be a much-loved one as well.
Let’s get to know him a little better:
- Prince William had a crush on Cindy Crawford when he was 13, and his mother invited the supermodel to join them for tea.
- Back in 2002, Britney Spears said Prince William stood her up before she dated Justin Timberlake. She said during an interview on The Frank Skinner Show, “It was just like, all blown out of proportion — we exchanged emails for a little bit, and he was supposed to come and see me somewhere, but it didn’t work out.”
- Meanwhile, Prince William covered teeny bopper magazines, cementing his teen-idol status alongside heartthrobs like JTT and Andrew Keegan.
- Prince William took a gap year, traveling and volunteering in Belize, Chile, and several countries in Africa before heading to university. He also worked on an English dairy farm, getting up before dawn to milk cows and earning about $5 an hour.
- In 2001, Prince William enrolled at St. Andrew’s under the name William Wales. He received a Scottish Master of Arts degree with upper second-class honors in geography — the highest degree ever obtained by an heir to the British throne.
- Prince William proposed to Kate in Kenya during a 10-day safari in October 2010 after carrying his mother’s 18-carat ring in a rucksack with him, waiting for the perfect moment.
- After Will and Kate received more than 60,000 pieces of fan mail for the royal wedding, he made sure everyone with a return address got a reply.
- More than half of Britons want Prince William to be the next King of England instead of Prince Charles. According to a recent poll, 54 per cent want the accession to skip a generation when the Queen passes away, with Prince William taking the throne in place of his father.
He tragically lost his mother when he was in his teens and told a child he was visiting the other day that he misses her every day.
She certainly brought up a wonderful son!