Happy Birthday to Prince Harry!
Yes, many happy returns go out to Prince Harry! His mother would be proud, we feel sure!
Some fun facts about Prince Harry:
- Alan Jay Lerner, the man behind the lyrics to “My Fair Lady,” wrote an official lullaby for Prince Harry — aka Prince Henry Charles Albert David — called “Brocades and Coronets.”
- Like his brother, Prince Harry also took a gap year, and during that time, he worked with AIDS orphans in Africa, making the documentary The Forgotten Kingdom. At the time, he said he wanted to carry on the things that his mother didn’t quite finish.
- Also like Will, Harry graduated from the Royal Military Academy as a Second Lieutenant, and in 2008, he fought on the frontlines in Afghanistan. The Palace had hoped to keep the mission secret, and once news broke, he was sent home. Prince Harry returned to Afghanistan in 2012.
- Although his brother and his sister-in-law do make a lot of headlines, it was Prince Harry who was named most popular royal in 2014.
- Up until his nephew, Prince George, and niece, Princess Charlotte, were born, Prince Harry was third in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles, and his older brother, Prince William. Now, he is fifth in line to the throne after not only his father and brother but also his nephew and niece.
- Harry conceived of the Invictus Games (in which wounded, injured or sick armed services personnel and veterans take part) after attending the Warrior Games in Colorado Springs in 2013. More than 400 competitors—serving military personnel and veterans—from 13 countries compete in nine adaptive sports: athletics, swimming, powerlifting, indoor rowing, sitting volleyball, road cycling, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, and archery.
- Prince Harry walked across Antarctica to raise awareness for wounded soldiers.
- Prince Harry broke his silence about his mother in 2004, saying of his charity work, “I have a lot of my mother in me. I just think she would want us to do this—me and my brother.”
- Prince Harry retraced his mother’s 1997 trip touring minefields in Africa.
Certainly, from reading these things about Harry, one sees that he has a very big heart. Here’s hoping he finds the right young lady to stand by him.