The “Academy” of Pooh
Winnie The Pooh has become known to, we dare say, ALL children on all parts of the globe. Quite a story, to be sure.
Pooh is credited with saying so many wonderful things…wonderful things for children of ALL ages, including those “children” who are of an adult age, to learn from. Here are some of the things he has said.
- Piglet: ’’How do you spell ’love’?’’ Pooh: ’’You don’t spell it…you feel it.’’
- ’’You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think.’’
- ’’The things that make me different are the things that make me.’’
- ’’If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in this ear.’’
- ’’If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.’’
- ’’As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.’’
- ’’Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.’’
- ’’Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.’’
- ’’Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.’’
- ’’If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.’’
- ’’Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.’’
- ’’I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.’’
- ’’You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.’’
- ’’Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.’’
- ’’A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.’’
- ’’A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.’’
- ’’Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love.’’
- ’’A day spent with you is my favourite day. So today is my new favourite day.’’
- ’’No one can be sad when they have a balloon!’’
- ’’How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.’’
And how grateful we are to have all of these wonderful thoughts to ponder!