Did You Know?
With Valentine’s Day tomorrow, we thought we would share a bit of trivia with you…
1. “Wearing your heart on your sleeve” is more than just a phrase. In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names to see who their Valentine would be. They would wear the name pinned to their sleeve for one week so that everyone would know their supposed true feelings.
2. Roses, and as you might believe red roses, are the flower of love and the flower that is mostly given for Valentines Day.
3. Valentine’s Day is second only to Christmas for being the holiday where the most cards are sent.
4. Richard Cadbury from the Cadbury chocolates family is responsible for the earliest box of Valentine’s Day chocolates. In 1868, he gave chocolates to his beloved in a heart-shaped box. He apparently also made the boxes more unique by using his own paintings to decorate the box lid.
5. Apparently, teachers receive the most Valentine’s Day cards.
We always love to hear your “fun facts”. Any fun Valentine’s Day stories out there?
Certainly, it is a day of love and we can all practice that, for sure.
More love, more abundance!