One Hundred Years Ago, Yesterday
John F. Kennedy would have been 100 years old yesterday…hard to believe but there you have it.
No matter what side of the political fence one stands, he is certainly remembered for a lot of good. Here are some of his quotes:
- “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”
- “I would rather be accused of breaking precedents than breaking promises.”
- “If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.”
- “Liberty without learning is always in peril; learning without liberty is always in vain.”
- “Let us never negotiate out of fear but let us never fear to negotiate.”
- “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.”
- “We have come too far, we have sacrificed too much, to disdain the future now.”
- “We must use time as a tool, not as a crutch.”
- “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.”
and that very famous (and, we think, VERY important) one:
- “And so, my fellow citizens: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”
Thank you, JFK! Again, no matter what side of the fence we all stand on, you are remembered.